Electric Trim Tabs automatic or manual with position indication
Electric Trimtabs will:
- Allow a boat to have a slower planning speed, often essential for rough weather.
- Adjust the trim of your boat to show the designed angle of attack.
- Fetch your boat onto the plane faster, reducing fuel consumption at 'hump' speeds
- Effectively add length to the hull, which can result in an improvement in performance and handling.
- Reduce the amount of heel in order to show the maximum amount of 'Vee', to the water rather than landing of the side of the ‘Vee', reducing both hull stress and the passenger stress of uncomfortable cruising.
elTrim ST with position indication - standard solution
Operating of tabs is manual
The top push-button moves both tabs down so the bow moves down.
The lower button will raise both tabs, so the bow moves up.
Right button: starboard side moves down.
Left button: portside moves down.
Position of tabs are shown by LED- lights
elTrim-Automatic (with automatic elimination of heeling)
Main functions HF or OL, (factory setting HF)
The top push-button moves both tabs down so the bow moves down. The lower button will raise both tabs, so the bow will raise Right button: starboard side moves down. Left button: portside moves down. Position of tabs are shown by LED- lights.
OL Function type
In the function OL the raising of the tabs is disconnected. This is preferred for displacement boats.
The function HF supports an easy start of the boat to move into the planning position. You start with tabs down and switch the automatic on just before the boat moves into gliding position. The tabs will raise and the heeling correction works at once. At worst you only have to correct the driving position of the bow.
The elTrim automatic N has an additional speed switch supplied, which
activates the automatic as planning speeds are approached also raising the tabs as the boat accelerates. Factory setting is 10 knots, adjustable in the pressure switch unit.
The tabs may be moved by hand at any time
elTrim WO without position indication - Budget solution to start with.
For boats with a flybridge there is a separate control unit available